Hobart is flushed with excitement in anticipation of that mischievous devil, Dark Mofo. To welcome curious visitors to Southern Tasmania, local landmarks, businesses and residences will Paint the Town Red. Red lights, lanterns and decorations will warm the day and night from Saturday 1 June for the duration of the festival (Thursday 6—Sunday 23 June 2019).
To encourage nocturnal adventuring, we are running a friendly little photo competition. And yes, there are some pretty sweet prizes up for grabs!
How do I enter?
Get outside, find the red, then get snap happy. See if you can capture the spirit of Southern Tasmania and Dark Mofo in a single frame. You can enter as many times as you like, so no need to choose just one red-lit wonder.
What are the prizes?
Whoever said that second place is just the first loser can blush crimson with sin. This year, we have an epic grand prize as well as a wonderful prize for the people’s choice runner up*.
The winner will receive*:
- One (1) night accommodation in a Superior Waterfront Room at MACq01 (subject to availability)
- A full day Bruny Island Tour – food, sightseeing and lighthouse tour for four (4) people with Bruny Island Safaris
- A $150 voucher to spend at the Tasman Restaurant at the Hotel Grand Chancellor
- A bottle of Sloe Gin and a tasting and tour of the McHenry’s Distillery
- Two (2) season passes for the 2020 Dark Mofo + City of Hobart Winter Feast
The runner up will receive*:
- One (1) seat on Above and Beyond’s city scenic flight
- 2019 Winter release of Forty Spotted Gin from Lark Distillery
- A $100 voucher for Ibis Style‘s award-winning Bar & Asian Kitchen – Mr Good Guy
View this post on Instagram
Where are the best spots to take photos?
Our Guide: Dark Mofo 2019
Like a Moth to a Flame: #PTTR2018 Photo Competition
12 Accommodation Options for Dark Mofo
Top 10 Things to Do in Hobart
An Adventure in Tasmania’s Central Highlands
10 Things to Do Along the Heritage Highway
Top 10 Things to Do in the Tasman Region
#pttr2018 winner | @tassie_heights/Instagram