Hobart & Beyond, and Destination Southern Tasmania (DST) invite you to Paint the Town Red this winter to celebrate Dark Mofo.
What is it?
Businesses around southern Tasmania are getting into the spirit of Dark Mofo by using lighting, decorations and activations to become a bright point in the darkness… primarily with red lights.
What can I do?
Use our PTTR21 map to navigate the darkness, find the red and take photos and videos of the activation you think best represents the spirit of Dark Mofo.
When should I start taking pictures?
Tuesday 1 June is when the red lights will be switched on, while Dark Mofo runs from Wednesday 16 June to Tuesday 22 June 2021. The competition closes on Sunday 30 June 2021.
We’ve got 3 amazing prize packs for the winning entrants this year! One prize pack will be randomly selected and allocated to each of the top 3 entrants.
3 Winners will receive one of the following prize packs:
Prize Pack 1:
Prize Pack 2:
Prize Pack 3:
*Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating businesses, outlined in the prize vouchers. Further Terms & Conditions below.
1. Instructions on how to participate form part of these “Terms and Conditions”. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms.
2. The promoter is Destination Southern Tasmania (ABN 291 56 395 970) (“the Promoter”).
3. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
Brief & Entry
4. The Brief is to share an image or video taken of an activation (listed on the google map or Dark Mofo’s Official festival map) of the Paint the Town Red program which you feel represents the spirit of Dark Mofo on your Instagram account. Your Instagram account must be public for the promotional period and the judging period in order to be considered for judging.
5. To enter, participants must, during the Entry Period, post an image or video and caption to their Instagram account and tag the Hobart and Beyond Instagram account (@hobartandbeyond) and also include all of the following hashtags #pttr21 #darkmofo (“Entry”).
6. Submissions will be accepted from 9.00am (AEST) on Tuesday 1 June 2020 to 8.59am (AEST) Wednesday 30 June 2020 (“the Entry Period”).
7. Multiple Entries are permitted unless otherwise specified.
8. Participants may only submit their own original work. An Entry must not contain any material that infringes any moral rights or intellectual property rights of a third party. Participants must seek the consent of any recognisable person appearing in an Entry to submit the Entry in this Competition.
10. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
11. There will be 3 Winners
Prize, Judging & Winners
12. Participants will only be eligible to win 1 Prize as outlined in the prize package. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions detailed in the vouchers by the respective organisations.
13. There are three (3) prize packs in total.
Prize Pack 1 includes:
– Two (2) night’s accommodation for 2 at Cloudy Bay Villa, with a private dining and Oyster Experience hosted by Cape Bruny Oysters
– A full day Bruny Island, Foods, Sightseeing and Lighthouse Tour for 2 hosted by Bruny Island Safaris
– A case of Tassie craft beer from Moo Brew
Prize Pack 2 includes:
– One (1) night accommodation in a Tower Suite at Wrest Point
– A $250 dinner voucher at The Point Revolving Restaurant
– Two (2) tickets to Dark Mofo’s 2022 Winter Feast
– A case of Tassie craft beer from Moo Brew
Prize Pack 3 includes:
– The Wheel of Fate experience for two (2) people – Port Arthur Historic Site’s premium tour
– A voucher for one (1) night accommodation for two (2) at Port Arthur Villas
– 500 bottle of Classic Cask Single Malt Whisky from Lark Distillery
– A case of Tassie craft beer from Moo Brew
All Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the participating businesses, outlined in the prize vouchers.
13. The Prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for a change in the Prize value between now and the Prize redemption date.
14. A shortlist of up to 10 images will be comprised by representatives of the Promoter. 3 final winners will be selected from the up to 10 shortlisted images by a ‘Peoples Poll’ conducted via hobartandbeyond.com.au. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the result. The prize package awarded will be random.
15. The Promoter will select additional reserve entries that it determines to be the next best and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is selected.
16. The winner will be publicly announced on Instagram as well as notified by private message sent to their Instagram account within 48 hours from the closing of the Entry Period. Winners may be required to provide personal information (such as a home address or email address) to claim the Prize.
17. If a Winner does not claim his/her prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, or if a Winner cannot be contacted, or cannot provide suitable proof as to eligibility, or compliance with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will forfeit the prize in its entirety and the next best Winner will be chosen. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
18. Where a prize is for the specified dates, if the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
19. If a prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
Participant’s warranties and indemnity
20. Each Participant warrants to the Promoter that:-
21. he/she has complied with the Entry requirements;
22. no Entry submitted by him/her will contain viruses or cause harm to any person or entity; and
23. he/she has and will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation copyright law and privacy law.
Each Participant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims in connection with a failure by him/her to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
24. Each Participant agrees that he/she is fully responsible for each Entry he/she submits, and is fully responsible for any equipment, or other costs required for, or associated with an Entry. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its Partners excludes any liability for such Entries or any costs borne by the Participant relating to such Entries.
25. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes, the content includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
26. any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
27. any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
28. any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
30. Instagram membership and the use of Instagram generally are subject to the Instagram prevailing terms and conditions of use available at http://instagram.com/legal/terms/. The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Instagram, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, the Promoter, Instagram and their associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an Entrant in respect of the Entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
31. Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php. This promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at: http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook. All entrants unconditionally and irrevocably release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this Promotion.
32. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Conditions that may invalidate or disqualify the Entry, Participants or the Competition
33. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entry where it reasonably suspects that the Entry fails to comply with relevant law, breaches these Terms and Conditions, or the Participant has failed to meet the eligibility criteria.
34. If the Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition.
35. In addition to any rights that may be granted in accordance with the terms and conditions of Instagram, by submitting an Entry Participants grant the Promoter and its Partners a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, perpetual licence to repost any Entry on Instagram, in blogs or to promote future Paint The Town Red activations and events.
36. The Promoter and its Partners agree to attribute the Participant by Instagram user name, but the Participant otherwise waives its moral rights with regards to the Entry and consents to any failure to identify the Participant as the creator of the Entry, false attribution of another person as the creator, or subjection of the entry to derogatory treatment.
Collection of personal information
37. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct this Competition. The Promoter may, for the purposes of conducting this Competition, disclose such information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers, suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities. Participation is conditional on providing this information.
38. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies, or, purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as other implied warranties under any legislation in Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) and its Partners are not responsible for and exclude all liability for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) – whether direct, indirect, special or consequential – arising in any way out of the Competition, including (without limitation) out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any Entry that is late, lost, altered or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the control of the Promoter; (d) any use of the Prize; or (e) any tax liability incurred by a Participant.
39. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable for any reason it shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
40. The Terms and Conditions of this Competition are governed by the laws of Tasmania and the entrant agrees to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Tasmania.